To better meet the needs of our customers, Holcim Solutions and Products US, LLC will allow the use of EPS Fanfold sheathing (“Fanfold”) in qualifying warranted Elevate roofing systems. Fanfold must be Type VIII with a minimum thickness of 1/2" (12.7 mm) and must meet the following minimum physical properties:
Fanfold is allowed for Mechanically Attached applications of Elevate UltraPly™ TPO, Elevate PVC and Elevate PVC KEE membrane systems. Existing gravel surfaced roofs should be spud/scraped clean and vacuumed. Existing single-ply membranes should be cut into 10 ft x 10 ft grids before attaching Fanfold with Elevate #12 insulation fasteners or All-Purpose Fasteners and Elevate Insulation Fastening Plates. IsoFast™ #12 Belted Fasteners and Insulation Plates or AP AccuTrac® Kits may also be used to attach Fanfold.
- InvisiWeld™ applications are not allowed when Fanfold is the immediate substrate.
- Damaged or wet components of the existing roofing system must be replaced.
- Fanfold must have a suitable facer. “Bare” EPS must never come in direct contact with Elevate PVC or PVC KEE membranes, or with residual asphalt.
- Gray and Tan membranes should not be installed over existing asphalt and EPDM systems when Fanfold is used in lieu of an Elevate insulation and/or cover board.
- Adjacent Fanfold sheets should be laid parallel and staggered every 2.0' (0.6 m).
- For projects requiring performance validation, switch to an appropriate Elevate insulation and/or cover board.
- Check with local building code authorities for requirements for partial tear-offs and recovers.
- The maximum Red Shield™ Warranty term for systems including Fanfold is 20 years. Wind speeds up to 72 MPH may be approved based on project characteristics. Hail and Cut & Puncture Protection are not available when Fanfold is used in lieu of an Elevate insulation and/or cover board.
For more information, contact your Holcim Regional Technical Coordinator at 800-428-4442.