To facilitate correct application of FullForce EPDM SA membrane roofing systems, Elevate will include the “Rooftop Tips” document with all new shipments of FullForce EPDM membrane and FullForce Sealant. This document supplements FullForce EPDM installation videos available on YouTube, FullForce installation details, Elevate Technical Information Sheets and the FullForce EPDM Application Guide.
The Rooftop Tips addresses critical application steps to follow in order to install FullForce EPDM SA successfully:
- It is vital to unroll and relax the membrane at least 30 minutes prior to installation. Up to 60 minutes may be required in overcast conditions or cold weather (below 40° F/4° C).
- Do not fold the membrane in half to remove the release liners. Move the relaxed sheet into position and remove both release liners simultaneously at a 45° angle.
- Properly prepare seam overlaps, remove the selvage edge release liner at a 45° angle, and mate the seams as instructed in the FullForce Application Guide. Immediately hand-roll the seams using a 11⁄2" to 2" wide silicone roller or Elevate QuickRollerTM, first at a right angle toward the outer seam edge and then along the length of the seam, making sure there is sufficient contact between membrane layers.
- Apply FullForce Sealant to seam edges by the end of each working day.
- Cut the provided dispensing nozzle to create a 1/4" to 5/16" opening and apply FullForce Sealant over both sides of the primed seam in a 3/8" x 1/4" wide bead.
- Keep the applicator tip centered over the seam edge. The sealant bead must contact the upper and lower parts of the step-off.
- Do not tool, thin, or spread FullForce Sealant.
- A battery gun is required to ensure consistent, even application.
When inclement weather is expected, apply Elevate primer to all seam edges before leaving the project. On the next working day, clean, prime, and seal all seams as described above.